A Must Read for all Australians
PLEASE READ AND PASS ON
Author : Dr. Dale Kerwin
Dr. Dale Kerwin writes to us telling us how it is and how it must change.
Subject: Change the Entitlements
I absolutely agree, if a pension isn't an entitlement, neither is theirs. They keep telling us that paying us an aged pension isn't sustainable.
Paying politicians all the perks they get is even less sustainable! The politicians themselves, in Canberra, brought it up, that the Age of Entitlements is over: The author is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise. At least 20 if you can. In three days, most people in Australia will have this message. This is one idea that really should be passed around because the rot has to stop somewhere.
Proposals to make politicians shoulder their share of the weight now that the Age of Entitlement is over
1. Scrap political pensions. Politicians can purchase their own retirement plan, just as most other working Australians are expected to do.
2. Retired politicians (past, present and future) participate in Centrelink. A Politician collects a substantial salary while in office but should receive no salary when they're out of office. Terminated politicians under 70 can go get a job or apply for Centrelink unemployment benefits like
3. Funds already allocated to the Politicians' retirement fund be returned immediately to Consolidated Revenue. This money is to be used to pay down debt they created which they expect us and our grandchildren to repay for them.
4. Politicians will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Politicians pay will rise by the lower of, either the CPI or 3%.
5. Politicians lose their privileged health care system and participate in the same health care system as ordinary Australian people ie. Politicians either pay for private cover from their own funds or accept ordinary Medicare.
6. Politicians must equally abide by all laws they impose on the Australian people.
7. All contracts with past and present Politicians men/women are void effective 31/12/14. The Australian people did not agree to provide perks to Politicians, that burden was thrust upon them. Politicians devised all these contracts to benefit themselves. Serving in Parliament is an honour not
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX Parliament and help bring fairness back into this country! If you agree with the above, pass it on.
If your wonder why the above individuals are asking for your help look at the figures below.
REMUNERATION - SPECIFIED STATUTORY OFFICES
Chief of the Defence Force - $535,100 - $764,420
"PAY FREEZE, NOT FAIR. SOB, SOB"
Salaries of retired Prime Minister and Politicians
So if I press all the right buttons, the TOTAL annual wages for the 150 seats in the Parliament are:
Prime Minister $507,338
The TOTAL ANNUAL SALARIES (for 150 seats) = $41,694,311 - PER YEAR! And that's just the Federal Politicians, no one else!
For the "lifetime" payment example (below) I used the scenario that:
It's worth remembering that this is EXCLUDING all their other perks! SO, for a 20 years "lifetime" payment (excluding wages paid while a Parliamentarian)
Prime Minister @ $507,338 = $10,146,760
Julia Gillard, Kevin Rudd, John Howard, Paul Keating, Malcolm Fraser, Bob Hawke, et al, add nauseum,are receiving $10 MILLION EXTRA at taxpayer expense.
Should an elected PM serve 4 years and then decide to retire, each year (of the 4 years) will have cost taxpayers an EXTRA Two and a half million bucks a year! $2,536,690 to be precise.
A 2 year retirement payment cut-off will SAVE our Oz bottom line $792,201,909 *** NEARLY $800 MILLION.
*There are 150 seats in House, minus the 8 above = 142 seats, divided equally for example = 71 each for both shadow and elected ministers.
** This example excludes all wages paid while a parliamentarian AND all perks on top of that - travel, hotels, Secretarial staff, speech writers, restaurants, offices, chauffeured limos, security, etc. etc.
*** 150 seats, 20-year payment of $833,886,220 less annual salary x 2 years of $83,388,622. [$41,694,311 x 2]
"Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks." Doug Larson (English middle-distance runner who won gold medals at the 1924 Olympic Games in Paris, 1902-1981)
You're right - you have found where the cuts should be made!
Action: Push for a MAXIMUM 2 year post retirement payment (give 'em time to get a real job). Spread it far and wide folks. People should know.
Dr. Dale Kerwin
Please Like and Share this article
To distribute this article more widely
To manage this article or write your own article simply LOGIN